The term Power Yoga was coined to help people in the West differentiate between the vigorous fitness-based approach from the gentle stretching and meditation that is often associated with yoga. Power Yoga features a series of intense flowing movements, while specially emphasizing on flexibility and strength, converting yoga into a more concentrated exercise activity. (Source)
Yoga is a great addition to any fitness routine--although it focuses more on being mindful and stretching out the body (two things that come with huge benefits). Although this is the case, it is totally possible to incorporate some strength training into a yoga workout as well--and in that case it would become power yoga, which is commonly used for fitness and weight loss today.
Here is a 45 minute video below where yoga instructor Adriene guides you through power yoga.
And without further ado, here is a list of yoga moves along with the benefits listing for each followed by a directional video representing the exercise.
- Helps to relieve neck and back pain.
- Stretches hips, thighs, and ankles.
- Relieves stress and fatigue.
Downward Facing Dog
- Boosts energy.
- Eliminates back pain.
- Helps build stronger bones.
- Improves circulation.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Builds upper body strength.
- Increases flexibility in the hamstrings.
Yoga Burn is for women from any walk of life who are ready to make time to follow a done-for-you yoga program designed to promote natural and healthy weight loss without any need for pills, powders or potions. If you want to lose weight and get in shape without having to spend countless hours in the gym or lift heavy weights then Yoga Burn may be a great fit for you.
This article also supports a recommended yoga training program for women from any walk of life who are ready to make time to follow a done-for-you yoga program designed to promote natural and healthy weight loss
without any need for pills, powders or potions. If you want to lose weight and get in shape without having to spend countless hours in the gym or lift heavy weights then Yoga Burn
may be a great fit for you!
Click Here to start losing weight with the highly effective Yoga Burn program!
- Releases tension in the lower back.
- Relaxes muscles in the neck and shoulders.
- Relieves stress and calms the mind.
- Lengthens the spine.
- Helps to drain the sinuses.
- May ease lower back and neck pain.
- Improves digestion.
- Ensures heart health and boosts immunity.
- Effective for weight loss.
- Relief from hair fall.
- Improves kidney function.
- Improves digestion.
- Calms the nervous system.
- Tones all of the core muscles of the body including the abdomen, chest, and lower back.
- Strengthens the arms, wrists, and shoulders.
- Strengthens the muscles surrounding the spine, which improves posture.
- Strengthens and tones the wrists, arms, abdominal muscles, and lower back.
- Prepares the body for more challenging arm balances.
- Strengthens the muscles surrounding the spine, which helps to improve posture.
Upward Facing Dog
- Strengthen the wrists, arms, and back.
- Helps balance our tendency to curl in on ourselves when we feel depressed or overwhelmed.
- Strengthens and stretches your thighs, especially your quadriceps.
- Helps stretch the ankles, the groin and the back.
- Improves digestion.
- Provides energy benefits.
- Provides relief during pregnancy.
Weighted Lunges With Biceps Curls
- Maximizes the use of strength, as well as balance and coordination needs of certain athletes.
- Improves lower body strength.
- Improves your balance and coordination.
- Improves your performance of natural, everyday movements.
- Helps balance the muscular imbalances by bringing your weak side up to par with your stronger side.
- Increases Hip Flexor Flexibility.
- Improved Glute Activation.
- Better Core Stability.
- Strengths your core, legs and shoulders.
- Helps to define your weight.
- Helps to increase the speed of core movements while playing sports that involve swinging the torso.
- Helps improves balance and posture, which additionlly boosts confidence.
- Helps improves posture.
- Strengths the core.
- Helps tone and shape the butt.
- Helps with lower back pain.
- Helps to decrease knee pain.
- Promotes a stronger back.
- Helps to correct muscle imbalances.
- Tones Pectoralis Muscles.
- Stimulates the abdominal muscles.
- Increases athletic power.
Weighted Crunch With Oblique Twist
- Brings the ribcage and pelvis together to give the obliques a good squeeze.
- Much more effective than a traditional crunch.
- Promotes toner abs.
- Improves back support.
- Helps hip and trunk rotation.
- Promotes toner thighs.
- Physical therapy (Commonly benefited from in sports injury rehabilitations).
- Strengthen quadriceps, ankle and foot muscles.
- Tone the core.
- Stretch the outer hip and glute muscles.
- Relieve lower back tension.
- Practice balance and concentration—great for helping you find balance in other aspects of your life.
Reclined Spinal Twist
- Helps Release the Lower Back, creating space.
- Helps reduce upper back pain, neck pain, and can help to strengthen upper back muscles while opening tight chest and shoulder muscles.
- Loosens the Supporting Spinal Muscles
- Improves Digestion
- Quiets the Mind
- Helps to bring the body to a meditative state (which helps repair the cells and tissues and releases stress.)
- Helps to relax and calms the body
- Reduces blood pressure and anxiety
- Improves concentration and memory
- Increases levels of energy